Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Memory Lane

Ok, so I am trying to be better and keep up, so two days in a row! Yeah, now who knows how long it will be until next time, lol. Today my mom and dad brought me a vanity and a trunIk from my grandma. The vanity was made from an old organ so that's pretty interesting and the trunk was made by my great-grandpa, I think he might have also made the vanity but really don't know. The best part though was my aunt had said that they were both completely cleaned out and when we were bringing them in we realized that half of the drawers had stuff in them. I didn't get to look at everything but I saw this little booklet that I'm pretty sure was from when my grandpa became a Mason. So freaking awesome! Then there were a ton of letter's from my grandpa to my grandma when he was in World War II and I think some from when he was in the Korean war. There were a whole bunch of war department papers too. I also got a peek at some of my dads report cards, which was fun, and I found more of his marbles! So far we've found three bags of his marbles but he still insists there are more, lol. There were also a lot of pictures, my dad when he was little and some pictures of my oldest brother and my sister, and my favorites were pictures of my grandpa. He was such a wonderful man and even though it has been almost eight years since he went to heaven, I still miss him and think of him daily. I'm so lucky to have had such an awesome person as my grandfather, he truely made me who I am today. He also taught me how a man should treat a woman, not once in my life did that man ever say anything disrespectful to my grandma, mom or me. The day he left this earth, a part of my soul went too. Wow, ok didn't mean to get al soft and squishy there! So anyway, I made banana chocolate chip muffins again today, mmmm so yummy. My honey made chicken, rice, pasta and garlic cheese rolls, the cheese rolls were made with special vegetable jack cheese brought home from Wisconsin, super awesome with those rolls. Crap, forgot about printing pictures for my daughter! Better go, catch y'all another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment